Sunday, June 19, 2011

Zucchini Pie

This is my mother's most famous recipe.  Every party or holiday we have she always makes it.  It is even better when we use zucchini from my dad's garden!  My brother came up with a great idea, instead of making one large pie, we can make small individual muffins.  Then you just put them out at a party and don't have to worry about slicing pieces of the pie.  Enjoy!

Ingredients:
3 medium zucchini, peeled and grated
1 onion, chopped
1 cup Bisquick
4 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp parsley
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

In a large bowl, combine the grated zucchini and chopped onion.  Then in a small bowl, crack 4 eggs and beat them.  Add the eggs to the large bowl with the bisquick and vegetable oil.  Stir.  Add the parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper.  Stir until combined.  Mixture should not be too liquidy, or too thick. 

Grease a 9 inch glass pie pan or a 12 cup muffin tin.  Add the batter.  Bake for 35-40 minutes or until tops are golden brown and puffy.  Enjoy!

Here is a picture of my dad's vegetable plants.  He always had a green thumb!  This and many other HUGE zucchini grew only after three weeks!

This was my brother's idea for using muffin tins! 
My mom's original zucchini pie!

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. love this recipe and the picture of the zucchini!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for viewing my blog, I hope you enjoy the recipes. I love reading your comments, please post positive ones. Thanks again!